FactoryTalk View ME Problems with Connections

MudShark

Hello Everyone,
I'm working with a PanelView 7 Plus HMI and using FactoryTalk View ME to build the graphics. I've got it communicating with a ControlLogix controller but I can't seem to get it to connect the graphic objects to the PLC tags correctly.
I can get the numeric objects hooked to the N7 data from the connection tab but when I try to connect a maintained push button graphic to a bit it only shows the bit word not the bits.
Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

The FactoryTalk View ME / RSLinx Enterprise tag browser goes only to the datatype level, so if you're browsing for an Integer it can "drill down" only as far as the Integer.

It has no "bit picker". You just have to type in the period and the bit number, so that Bit 05 of element 2 of the integer array tag name NTagArray is "NTagArray[2].05".

Because you mentioned "N7" tags I assume your converting from an SLC-500. If you can, I do recommend renaming these tags, even if you have to access them from an outside device that uses SLC-style addressing.

Do not try to treat the CompactLogix as though it was an SLC from the PanelView Plus side by using "N7:2/05" style addressing. While technically possible with the double-colon syntax, it's otherwise just an archaic headache.

Thanks for the information. I am converting a Micrologix program and graphics to ControlLogix and a PanelView 7. My experience with both is limited and it is one interesting effort but archaic headache is a good description too.