FactoryTalk View ME Custom ActiveX tutorial

hair9031

I'm testing the ability to make a custom ActiveX control for PVP7 applications to be able to write data out in an XML format. With my simple tests, I have succeeded in opening a hardcoded file name and writing hardcoded text and tag data from the HMI. I have not been able to input or manipulate string data, such as using a filename that is input in FTV Studio.

Does anyone have any experience or can point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

This is older but might have some code in it that can give you some ideas of what to try. Note that an activex that works on your computer might not work on the panelview. Back in the day you had to compile 2 different versions, one for your development PC and another for the panelview itself. And you have to register the activex on the panelview before you deploy your application.
Sign In

Last edited: