Factorytalk Auto logout help

hilltop79

Im running version 6.FTME and i am trying to get the PV1000 to return to a graphic display after a set time and turn a bit on or pulse in the plc so i can default some logic that needs to me reset. I can get the PV1000 to return to a graphic fine but I cannot figure out how to turn a bit on or change a state in the plc from the PV1000.. If this can be done through parameters please help with the setup. I have not used parameters before.

You could use a Macro. Right click in the screen and choose Display Settings. There you will find two Lines for Macros. One Runs on Screen Open the other on Screen Close. Make a Macro to set your bit.
You can make a system tag Named .. TRUE. Make the TRUE Tag a memory tag. Make its default value 1. Then your Screen Open Macro could be
{MyPLCTag}== True. This should set you PLC Tag to 1. Then Reset your PLC Tag after your Reset Procedure is complete.

Now are you talking about in the tag editor of FTME ?I tried to create a tag in there and it said Error Tags cannot be created in the system folder. Or are you talking about making a controller tag named "True" a DINT in the PLC? Also what is "MyPlcTag"? are you referencing the shortcut name assigned to communications?

Now are you talking about in the tag editor of FTME?
Yes. I should have said the Main Folder. It's the Folder in the tag base that's already there.

Also what is "MyPlcTag"?

That's any tag you create in the PLC to use for the macro.

Open the Macro Folder
Create a Macro PLCTAG == TRUE
Give Macro any Name you wish to call it and Save.
Open Screen you want to use.
In Display Settings Select. Macro Runs when Screen Opens.
Select the Macro you just Named.

In the PLC.
Make PLCTAG (Your Choice of what you name it as long as it's the same in FTME) a BOOL. Let HMI Macro turn it on and you turn it off when your done with it.

Reset Complete = unlatch PLCTAG

Now here is another way to skin the cat.

Under Global Connections There is a Tab Called Display.
Create A DINT Tag Call HMI_Display

There Are 2 Choices one tells you what Screen is Currently open and The other Let's you use the plc to open a screen.

The only catch is each screen must have a unique number. You Define the Screen Number in Display Settings. Again your choice of what to number the screens I use 1-10 etc.

Once you get in the global connection folder and the correct tab open use the HELP button. It will take you straight to the area of the help file that is associated with the task you are trying to complete.

This Option would be my choice. This Way you know when your screen is open and then you can do your reset procedure.

The Help button on the Property pages is very useful to get you to the right area of the help file. It's a great time saver.

Good Luck with your Project and Welcome to The Forum.

Last edited:
Thanks for your help, I did find a way to do it before your reply but I and having trouble resetting my macro. I have my runtime screen to return to screen x after 5 minutes and I have the screen x macro on startup {plctag} expresstion {1}.
now my {PLCTAG} Bool sets high but remains high in my logic and I am looking to find a way to set it back to low in RSX5000 other than using the screen shutdown macro.
Any Ideas?

I would use an OTU coil with PLCTAG address. When your prodcedure is complete.

RESET COMPLETE_________ PLCTAG
----||----------------------(OTU)---