Dynamo in Rockwell Automation FactoryTalk View Studio

peterpan405

Hello everyone,

First, as a new member of the forum would like to congratulate you!

In the past I have used the system DeltaV Operate Emerson and I was wondering if the system of Rockwell Automation FactoryTalk View Studio there is an equivalent functionality that allows me to create standard objects for replication in different pages with graphic animations that can be activated via a mask created ad hoc.

Thank you in advance for your answers;)

Hi Peter

Welcome to the site and I agree with you it's a great site.

Now if I understand you want to do is lets say a "pump" is going to be used in your project and you have 20 pumps in the field. So rather than make 20 pumps in your screens you would like to have one object that would cover all
This is how I would do this

1: creat a common screen and when you touch on a pump it opens this screen and passes the " parameters like pump running, pump faulted etc" into this screen. The only down side is you can only look at one up
P at a time. In your project tree you will see a folder called parameter and this is where you create you file for each pump. When you create a Goto display button you will see were you can add in the parameter file.

You could also look at global objects but I don't think this is what you are looking for

Donnchadh

Hi Peter

Now if I understand you want to do is lets say a "pump" is going to be used in your project and you have 20 pumps in the field. So rather than make 20 pumps in your screens you would like to have one object that would cover all

1: create a common screen and when you touch on a pump it opens this screen and passes the " parameters like pump running, pump faulted etc" into this screen. The only down side is you can only look at one pump at a time. In your project tree you will see a folder called parameter and this is where you create you file for each pump. When you create a Goto display button you will see were you can add in the parameter file.

You could also look at global objects but I don't think this is what you are looking for

Donnchadh

Sorry i was fixing some spelling " using I phone so typing with these big old dump fingers " and I have posted the same answer twice

Donnchadh

Hi Peter

1: create a common screen and when you touch on a pump it opens this screen and passes the " parameters like pump running, pump faulted etc" into this screen. The only down side is you can only look at one pump at a time. In your project tree you will see a folder called parameter and this is where you create you file for each pump. When you create a Goto display button you will see were you can add in the parameter file.

Donnchadh

Thank you very much for your answer, I'll try today this and then I'll tell you if the solution works.

Thank you again

Peter

After reading the manual, I think that are more useful global object in my case. But I am not able to understand how to use the global object parameters.
For example, I create the Global Object Parameter Definition: Parameter # 1 with Decription "Test". If I want to assign a Visibility Animation that brings up the object when a tag is 1, the expression of the global object I have to put # 1 = 1?
If I do that and than impose in the Global Object Parameter Value the Parameter Value in the display where I copied the global object, nothing seems to happen.

Thank you for your help.

Peter