create a llokup table in rslogix5000 for 1756 L61

FASEELATH

Hi there

what is the best way to generate a look up table of 4 X 5200 elements in rslogix5000,

if it is as an 2D array it will be as lookup[4,5200]
how I edit array elements(constatnt) in excel,

my case is is
I have T,P and dP from feild, and have a look up table for actual density which has to be taken based T,P an dP.

useful guidance really appreciated

thanks

I would export my Excel file to a .csv file, then use a text-processing tool like awk (many editors have the same ability via macros) to create the text for a ST routine that initializes the RSL5K array.

check out the sample project in 5000 Look_up_barcode. This example should give you some ideas.

yah am measuring gas flow and require actual or flowing density lookup for Normalized Volumetric Flow Rate

Why do you need a lookup table for gas density? If your gas composition is constant then density calculation is a simple formula using the ratio of P/T to calculate the new value when P or T changes. If your composition is not constant (Molecular weight varies) then you will not be able to calculate density changes based on P or T changes alone. Similarly your lookup table will only be good for one value of gas composition (Molecular weight).