Converting a Fully binary serial string

matt_sd

Good Morning all,

I am reading a serial string in Beckhoff twincat from an RS232 motion sensor.
My problem is that the motion sensors communications protocol is fully binary so I am receiving this as the serial string:-

'úÿ2$12>wœÄ»$P=œ;Æ’ì¿xeÀ,Ÿbúÿ2$12>w‡µ»$Pž+;Å£•¿xg$12, ˆúÿ2$12>wp\»$0Fî;Ç$14í¿xh€,¡$12úÿ2$12>w}˜»$12j'

Does anyone know how a function in Twincat to convert this to ASCII or have seen some code to do this?

Thanks

Matt

Realised that this is not full binary as it is ASCII but using the extended instructions hence all the funny characters.

So looking at ASCII to hex conversion, any one knows if this exists in Twincat, cant find it within Twincat information system (help documentation)

What does your encoder send? That would be my first question. Is it a fixed digit number with a decimal point? You gotta have some information as to formatting of that stream of bits. Without that info, you might have to post to a cryptology forum :)