Citect - How Do I use a semaphore to block calling code ?

EICS

I have some code i need to block until a super genie for data entry has completed (by operator input)as per below.

FUNCTION
New_Setpoint()

Code…………..
Code…………..

IF Code…………..

THEN
AssWin("!6FibSP",20,350,41, sTagbase+"_MBSP_NEW");WinTitle("Fiberiser Spinner Speed - Entry");
! pop up Keypad for entry New Speed Setpoint - Rev 1.1

! hSem = SemOpen("WaitTillEntry",1);
! SemWait(hSem, -1);

// I need to block this section onwards until the operator enters a setpoint from the !6FibSP Super Genie
Called from above call
END

iExist_SP = TagRead(sTagbase+"_MBSP"); ! read the existing Setpoint value (Rev 1.2)
iNew_SP = TagRead(sTagbase+"_MBSP_NEW"); ! read the New Setpoint value just entered from above (Rev 1.2)
sNew_SP = IntToStr(iNew_SP); ! convert New Setpoint value just entered from above to STRING (Rev 1.2)
code………………….
code…………………..
code…………………..
code…………………...

[FONT=&quot]END[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

for some strange reason i cannot edit my post above? possibly the colors have caused this.

I have some code i need to block until a super genie for data entry has completed (by operator input) as per below.

FUNCTION
New_Setpoint()

Code…………..
Code…………..

IF Code…………..

THEN
AssWin("!6FibSP",20,350,41, sTagbase+"_MBSP_NEW");WinTitle("Fiberiser Spinner Speed - Entry");
! pop up Keypad for entry of New Speed Setpoint - Rev 1.1

// I need to wait here until super genie entry of new setpoint is made.

// cannot use Sleep(x)

// hSem = SemOpen("WaitTillEntry",1); <---- Having trouble here
// SemWait(hSem, -1); <---- Having trouble here

// I need to block this section onwards until the operator enters a setpoint from the !6FibSP Super Genie
Called from above call

END

iExist_SP = TagRead(sTagbase+"_MBSP"); ! read the existing Setpoint value (Rev 1.2)
iNew_SP = TagRead(sTagbase+"_MBSP_NEW"); ! read the New Setpoint value just entered from above (Rev 1.2)
sNew_SP = IntToStr(iNew_SP); ! convert New Setpoint value just entered from above to STRING (Rev 1.2)
code………………….
code…………………..
code…………………..
code…………………...

[FONT=&quot]END[/FONT]

for some strange reason i cannot edit my post above? possibly the colors have caused this.

I have some code i need to block until a super genie for data entry has completed (by operator input) as per below.

FUNCTION
New_Setpoint()

Code…………..
Code…………..

IF Code…………..

THEN
! pop up Keypad for entry of New Speed Setpoint - Rev 1.1

// I need to wait here until super genie entry of new setpoint is made.

// cannot use Sleep(x)

// hSem = SemOpen("WaitTillEntry",1); <---- Having trouble here
// SemWait(hSem, -1); <---- Having trouble here

Called from above call

END

code………………….
code…………………..
code…………………..
code…………………...

[FONT=&quot]END[/FONT]

Trying to fill in the gaps and not knowing what your trying to achieve.
But looking at what you have I would be making smaller re-usable functions, and not trying to use semaphores or pausing code until....
If operator changes set point call a function.

yes sorry chelton, I don't know the correct terminology so its hard to explain. but I will try in sparky speak. this is what I want to do for 9 devices.

I have the code executing already for my test project and am happy its stable. but its specific to that device. i need to make the same code work for all 9 without duplicating.

what i want to do

- i call a super genie for operator entry of the new set point
- operator enters new sp
- new sp is compared to existing and if OK within process parameters (calls separate function on operator entry) a message appears to prompt operator to accept or reject, if not within process parameters message windows appear informing rejection due to many reasons

I woke up this morning with a better idea. i will try this when on-site Monday.

// my cicode above calls the the !6FibSP super genie, I will pass 2 arguments to the !6FibSP super genie (operator entry number pad) i will then pass the 2 arguments from the super genie to a new function (with my other code inside)on new Set point entry.

so i have one super genie i will call it "SG1" to simplify (SG1 - is general device control) this calls another super genie (SG2 - operator entry number pad) which I will then call a function "Limits" for the entry parameter check and messaging.

would i be correct that that i can use the cicode object symbol in graphics builder to accept the 2 arguments (1 string and 1 Int) in SG2 from the calling SG1 super genie. or would this be done in page properties "on page entry"

i would then pass 2 arguments (1 string and 1 Int)from the operator "ENTER" command to my function "Limits"

Last edited: