Cimplicity OPC Communication with Allen Bradley L73 PLC

Eugene_k510

Hi good day Everyone,

I have a cimplicity v10 project with 7 to 8k tags communicating with AB PLC through OPC and Rslinx classic.

I have this issue of cimplicity not able to read the tags from my PLC when i starts to create more tags into the project.

my tags consist of these datatypes (BOOL, DINT, INT, REAL)

Is there any limit on the amount of tags for the communication through OPC Driver in cimplicity ? Cause my project seems to works fine when i reduce the amount of tags.

Hi Eugene,
Yes, there is points amount limit. Check you license and see how many points it offers. I ever had this issue and it did reach the limit, upgraded the license, and fixed.

Hi @JunQ thanks for your reply, im facing another issue here as shown at the attachement below. My project keeps getting this error COPCCallback::OnDataChange while cimplicity is browsing tags from my PLC and later on it will marked my PLC as disconnected.

I try to search on the manual for this error but can't get anything. Do you have any idea of what this error means ?

Error.PNG

Hi,
This is an OPC callback failure. I don't have this error before. Check the OPC configuration both on server and Cimplicity. For OPC communication, points update criteria - unsolicited or unsolicited on change- is recommended.