Automatic Device Replacement for DeviceNet

Sirius12

I am looking for some information on the Automatic device replacement(ADR) feature enabled on some DeviceNet slaves. One part of ADR is configuration recovery. If Configuration recovery is enabled the devicenet scanner can download the stored device configuration to the replaced node. Can somebody shed some light on what device configuration exactly means?

Suppose you had 5 variable frequency drives connected to a scanner with ADR enabled.

If set up correctly, and one of the drives failed, the ADR feature in the drive would automatically detect when a new drive was installed and download its parameters automatically.

The idea is to make replacing devices simpler and less prone to programming errors.

Thank you for the information folks. I have some more doubts though.
How does the scanner know what all is included in the device configuration .. is it something that it interprets from the eds file ?

When you work with an offline file, you will have access to the parameters (from the EDS file). You can configure the device offline and then when you go online you can download that offline configuration to the scanner as well as the device itself.

Or

Go online to the network and upload the current settings from the device. You can then make any necessary changes and then load that information into the scanner.

OG