Ascii Data in Proficy (Pac) Machine Edition

timryder

Hey working on a project where I need to send a String Command to a device in order for the device to perform an operation. It's over Profinet but there is a range of INT registers where the ASCII data for the command string needs to be moved before triggering a bit. The issue I'm having is the end of the string needs to have a Carriage Return (Dec: 013) in order for the device to recognize it as a complete command.

My Question, is how do I store a static non-printable ascii value in a variable initial value area.

Ex: CommandGoCheckThing,0,1,0,0,0[CR]

I stored the first part in the initial value no problem, but how about the CR?
Anybody know in Emerson GE how to do this? Also does anyone have any good string manipulation examples for me i can reference?

Thanks

My Question, is how do I store a static non-printable ascii value in a variable initial value area.
Cut-n-paste from Notepad.

Is there a GE HMI target in your project? If so, the scripting languages have some string handling functions. Also the MOVE_TO_FLAT instruction may work. I've never tried it though. It ignores strict typecasting