Allen Bradley MatGuard System-Are the Mat contacts simultaneously tripped ?

Cydog

Good Morning ,

A co-worker installed a Allen Bradley MatGuard this weekend . They were not able to get it to work . He was using a MatGuard 440F-C4000D Control with a Pressure Sensitive Mat. I always tell our guys to wire up and test projects in the office , lab , etc. to keep from having downtime . I would like to take the MatGuard 440F-C4000D and just hook up a estop with 2 sets of contacts , to prove that our circuit works . My question is , does the Mat contacts trip simultaneously , or are they timed ? This is for just a test, The Safety Mat is bolted down on the floor in the machine now , and I don't want to remove it.

Thanks,

I think the system works by shorting the either black to either white and the reason there are 2 whites and 2 blacks is the system will also trip if it does not see the loop completed between either the black or white wires. This way it knows if a wire is broken that would keep the 2 sides from shorting together. I use presuure stripps on machines wired to regular dual channel safety relays this way.