ABB AC500 (PM573-Eth) PLC Program Backup

Riyas Mohamed

Hello all,

I have an ABB PLC (PM573) and it has without MC card. I need to take backup from PLC to PC (in automation builder v2.7 ).
  • My first question was how to take a backup from PLC using automation builder?
  • My second Question was, My ABB PLC (PM573) connected with one DI/O module (DX571) and one AI module (AI523). My PLC was showing error (E3 026; D1 014; D2 255; D3 003; D4 000) and my AI module showing error (CH-ERR2 and CH-ERR4) was continuously ON. How to clear this error?
I'm new to this PLC, Kindly help me to clear this error.

Attachments

• IMG_20240322_092926.jpg
    IMG_20240322_092926.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 13
Going by a quick glance on the manuals the E3 is a light error, can you go online with the PLC? If you have a card with errors, most likely the E3 is generated due to the card in error.

Hi tdoa,

I don't have any card. I don't know what E3 error is? Also, In that analog module also showing red indication(CH-err2& CH-err4). So, Is that module is problem or I'm doing something wrong?

If you can make a connection to the device and see it online, then Just go to, 'File -> Source Upload'.

If it doesn't allow you to do it then someone didn't download the source to it and it will be impossible to upload from it.

Hi arpis4AKM,

As you said, it didn't allow me to do the 'source upload'. So, there is no way to get the backup?

Also, can you help me to clear the error mentioned above.

Thank you for your response.

Hi arpis4AKM,

As you said, it didn't allow me to do the 'source upload'. So, there is no way to get the backup?

Also, can you help me to clear the error mentioned above.

Thank you for your response.

you need to connect to it, browse to the module itself and look at the error stated in the module info, it gives a specific code you can correlate to a chart that tells you what the problem is

File --> Source Upload is only for the V3 platform, not the V2 Platform you are using. And in the V3 Platform the program would have had to load the source code. With V2 there is no way to get the source code off of a running AC500 PLC.

File --> Source Upload is only for the V3 platform, not the V2 Platform you are using. And in the V3 Platform the program would have had to load the source code. With V2 there is no way to get the source code off of a running AC500 PLC.

Good information, I didn't know there was a difference between the two versions for this function. I hadn't done very much with them.