AB DLR Supervisor Issue

Bryd29

Hello all. I need some help on DLR issue we encountered which is the DLR not working when supervisor is disconnected from the ring.
FIrst of all, here is a architecture of our system.

1710919544233.png

126 is configured as supervisor and 127 and 124 as the backup supervisor. This ring is healthy and normal as observed in DLR Tools.
The problem happened when the both connection to the supervisor EN2TR card is disconnected, the ring became faulted and DLR tools can only detect the 127 EN2TR.

1710919667224.png

When non supervisor EN2TR is connection disconnected, DLR tools still can detect the other Card.

1710919847875.png

Has anyone encountered this issue before? Any idea on how to solve this?

Bryde29, hello and welcome to the forum.

Can you show the DLR parameters for the main and the two DLR supervisors?
Also, did you change any of the baud rate and duplex settings. In DLR one should use automatic.
Finally, did you verify that the firmware of the 1756-ENTR/C is the same for all modules.

Bryde29, hello and welcome to the forum.

Can you show the DLR parameters for the main and the two DLR supervisors?
Also, did you change any of the baud rate and duplex settings. In DLR one should use automatic.
Finally, did you verify that the firmware of the 1756-ENTR/C is the same for all modules.
Hi Alfredo. Thanks for responding.

Here is the DLR Parameters. As can be seen, all the firmware for all EN2TR is the same.
1710923330185.png 1710923344401.png 1710923358661.png

As for the the baud rate and duplex setting are set to auto negotiate for all EN2TR including the ETAP.

1710923293415.png

What about RSLinx, when the main supervisor (.126) is disconnected from both sides, does RSLinx detect your nodes. If yes, there could be an issue with the DLR tool.

I think this is a limitation of the DLR Sign-On and Participant list that DLR Tool uses.
Tool uses the DLR Participant list to build the graphics, but .127 will not have Participant List built until it sees the "Normal" (i.e. healthy) ring to send a sign-On message. I don't remember if manually sent Sigh-On message will create a participant list.
To verify that, bypass .126 with a cable jumper to see if all comes back.