You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old January 8th, 2013, 07:00 PM   #1
steveb1475
United States

Can't go online with 1756-L73S after L5K export

Hey all,

Having an issue with a 1756-L73 (v20) where I'm getting a fatal error when trying to save the program online *only when selecting yes on upload tag values*.

Spent about an hour on the phone with tech support. Apparently something is corrupt in the processor and ofline program according to the tech. He recommended doing an l5k export and import with another copy of the program.

Problem is that after the l5k export and import, the only option is to download when trying to go online. I noticed that the program before the l5k is safety locked and after the l5k import the program is not safety locked.

Is this the reason that I only get a download option? I don't have the safety password and I don't think that the manufacturer is going to cough it up.

Thanks,
Steve
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:42 PM   #2
MichaelG
Australia

Does not look good

Can you upload from the Processor?
If so
  • First is to make many backups - Backup the original program, The Uploaded Program, and your Offline Version that will not go online
  • The Aim is to find the changes between the offline program and the online program, make changes to the offline program until it can go online.
  • Run Compare (in Tools on the install CD I think plus else where)
  • Keep on changing the offline version until it goes online

An alternate method is to upload and then merge the comments (horrible way to go) from the Offline program with the uploaded program. Look at doing it in L5K format as there may be faster ways to do it

Others may know better ways
Old January 9th, 2013, 01:11 PM   #3
steveb1475
United States

Guess I should have mentioned that a clean upload from the processor to a new file results in fatal error as well. I have many backups, I use AssetCentre. The problem is that there is something corrupted in the processor.

What I'm really wondering is what is the reason that I can't go online with the file after the l5k export/import, is it because of the safety lock password is stripped out during the export/import process?
Old January 9th, 2013, 08:01 PM   #4
MichaelG
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveb1475 View Post
Hey all,

Having an issue with a 1756-L73 (v20) where I'm getting a fatal error when trying to save the program online *only when selecting yes on upload tag values*.

Can you save without uploading tag values?
Old January 14th, 2013, 06:02 PM   #5
steveb1475
United States

Yes, and I can upload tags with the upload/download tool. Just fatal errors during save with upload tag values in rslgx5k.
Old January 14th, 2013, 06:32 PM   #6
MichaelG
Australia

Sorry you are now beyond my knowledge

Only thing that I know about L5K is to do with fiddling the Control net signatures so that when you download a new program the CNT card does not require re-scheduling

There may be something similar with the Safety signature but I do not know and I would not expect it (summat to do with safety, heh heh)

Your manufacturer should be able to perform the download remotely for you if they do not want to give out the safety password eg look at teamviewer and a Data card on a laptop.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum