Best way to track power and free conveyor load bars?

stoveTop

Right now my system is using RFID tags on the load bars. Im trying to figure out how to implement error correction in this system. In the past, some of the stops have been damaged in process and give a bad input. Since the positions of the loadbars are not a consistent pattern, I cant simply shift all the indexes to correct when this happens. How could I error correct the loadbar position indexes in this situation?

Welcome to the forum.

A lot more information will be needed if an actual answer is desired. Now I could leave it at that and let you figure it out as a recursive joke, but I'm not that funny.

What environment (Logix? Siemens? Horner? make and model?)?

Describe and/or sketch the process.

Describe the model of the process implemented by the program code.

Post a PDF of the program code, if allowed, or at least the relevant section.

Describe the data layout (indexes to what?).

Welcome to the forum.

As already stated, more information is needed.
if there is only one power and free track, that should be ok to work with, but when you add spurs to the ling and bypass loops, that is another issue altogether.
james