TIA PORTAL v12 and no STL

dbozic

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,

I installed TIA Portal v12 with Step7 Professional v12.
When i try to make a new function/block etc. I can choose between SCL, FBD and LAD programming language. I do not have STL which is the language i use.
Also when I tried to change existing function in LAD to STL, when i go right click on function-> Switch programming language STL is grayed out.
Am i missing something?

You don't specifiy which PLC you are using. If you are using an S7-1200 PLC, they do not support STL.

Similar Topics

Hi All, I am just learning to use Siemens TIA portal V12 (and PLCs) and having difficulty with the IP addresses when connecting from HMI and PLC...
Replies
Views
While opening a saved HMI project (zap12) , i am getting a msg from TIA as , YOU CANNOT WORK FULLY WITH 'PROJECT' BECAUSE NECESSARY PRODUCTS ARE...
Replies
Views
I'm setting up a project with a 315-2DP CPU and KTP600 Basic Color PN. I have a 343-1 Profinet card in slot 4 for comms. I have lots of Siemens...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, I'm very new to this Siemens Tia portal, i would like to ask if u guys came across with a complete PDF user manuals which helps new...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, i'm new here and a fresh graduate from Mechatronic Engineering background, currently working as software engineer. In this project I...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom