Configuring IO-Link 4SI Master with IM 151-8 PN/DP CPU in TIA Portal

spandy16

I have been trying to connect my IM 151-8 PN/DP CPU over PROFINET in TIA Portal V11 and was able to Flash the LED and start the online diagnostic. But after that for my application I wanted to configure the ports of the 4SI IO-Link master with the latest software from Siemens i.e. TIA Portal. I have been referring to the documents but they are really confusing. So, I would be grateful if anyone could help me with this.

Im refering to the io link module and its wiring
What address range did you use and are you "seeing" data - inputs back from any devices?

I would pick an address range in the process image (at least at this point)
then create a watch table (after the devices are correctly wired)
then monitor I's and Q's
I think this is the easy way

ioaddress.jpg

Im refering to the io link module and its wiring
What address range did you use and are you "seeing" data - inputs back from any devices?

Sorry for my inexperience with such devices. I imported the 4SI IO-Link module from the catalog onto the rack in TIA V11. The I start address is 272 with length 4 and output start address is 288 with length 4 (this was automatically set, I didn't edit it). I am not seeing any input from the IO-Link master module or any LED blinking on it (the C/Q port)when my sensor is sending a Q1 signal.

Keep it simple
Change your address to q100 and i100 (I assume this range is not used)
setup a watch table
Is any imput data being read?
Try that and get back to us

Keep it simple
Change your address to q100 and i100 (I assume this range is not used)
setup a watch table
Is any imput data being read?
Try that and get back to us

I changed the address as you told me. But just to make once clear that I have just started working on the hardware and haven't made any program. As was mentioned in the old manuals for configuring the IO-Link 4SI master with Siemens PCT or HWConfig, I want to do the same with the new version TIA Portal V11. Loading the IODD files and configuring the ports would be my primary task right now.

I could be wrong
But I dont think you need PCT- at least at this point
The basic setup is in Portal
So if you set up a watch table and trigger the prox your using
Do you see any bools changing?

I could be wrong

I set the address as I101.0 and the data type 'Bool' but the monitor value is always False. I have connected the signal from sensor to the Port 2 of the Master module. And the LEDs on the master module are also not lighting up when the sensor senses.

I could be wrong

I also tried the method of using th watch table. But another concern is that when I right click the IO-Link master module the option for 'start device tool' is not highlighted.