Panelview Plus 600 to 700 conversion??

Shawn Cassidy said:
Found out where to do the changes and now I understand the use of A through P. Just found something wierd though. The user's identification is this long string rather than "admin" or some reference to a dept. for example. This is an existing program, but I don't know why this string would be here rather than a simple ID...
I also need to display the user that is logged in. That string is really bothering me.... what is it?

I would guess the application has been uploaded as a runtime file from a PV+ and then converted to your application, i tried this last week on site when playing and what i found when doing an upload/conversion was that the Communications setup was lost and all users were converted to bizarre strings that didnt work, i had to reset the comms in FT and delete the stringed users and put in new ones.

This may be the same for you ?

Here's a look at the string..
usercode1.JPG

I was told it was the original file, but you never know. That would make sense though. I'll contact my cusomer and see if they have the original.

Thanks
Any ideas on how to display user name. On the old Panelbuilder32 it was a breeze. This stuff is giving me a shooting pain in my chest.... just joking. It is a real chore though to say the least.
Thanks for everyones help on this.

Possibly it happened when I converted the program from a 600 to 700. I changed the screen dimensions in Screen Properties and I had a few error codes.... I'll need to review that. It was originally written for a PV+600. it will now be used in a 700 (640x480)

That string is really bothering me.... what is it?

I always thought it was to do with the whole transfer of security accounts between older 3.2 or less and the later ME 4.0 (i've seen it several times and have always just created new accounts to get round it) ?? Could be wrong though...

That long string is usualy caused restoring a backup application that is using 4.0 security. Factorytalk security is computer centric not application centric. Other words those strings are users from the original computer that created the application. Just delete those strings and create new users. Remember there are 2 ways of doing security 3.x or 4.x. 4.x uses Factorytalk security. Hope this makes it clear as mud.

Last edited:
I ended up deleting the "users" and created new ones to end the problem. Seemed to work fine. I've gotten a little more competent with the software... loads of fun...