Omron CX Programmer DIFU clarification

Johnny T

Hi

I'm new to Omrons CX Programmer (although not new to PLC's in general) and I'm trying to implement a one-shot with the DIFU instruction.

I've done a search on the subject on these forums and found a bit of info on it but just wondered if you could clarify a couple of things.

Firstly, does a 'difu' have to be used as a coil or can it be used mid-rung like the -(P)- in S7 ?

Also, what addresses are valid for a 'difu' function? Can I just address it as (for instance) W10.00 etc or is there a different type of address it needs?

Please forgive my ignorance with these questions but, as I mentioned, this is my first time programmer with CX Programmer.

Many thanks for any help you can give me.

Cheers

JT :)

Cheers back JT.
The DIFU is indeed an output.
You can use a DIFU on any adress that can be accessed at the BIT level.
You will see a contact as -|| |- if its address has been DIFU'd.
There are also DIFUp, DIFDown and IMMediate refresh options on the contact reference window. Be sure not to use a DIFx as an output AND as the option selection on the reference contact.

You can also use the UP instruction mid rung, as you would a OS in AB, have not used S7, but am pretty sure this function is what you are after. I am not sure if it is available in all models though.

JT

What processor are you working with? There may be some minor differences based on that information. Also, most functions/instructions can be "difu" by using the "@"

gtsuport

Many thanks for the replies. Much appreciated.

gtsuport I'm using a CX J series PLC.

I'll try utilising a 'difu' function as an output today and see how I get on.

Thanks again for the answers,

Cheers

Firstly, does a 'difu' have to be used as a coil or can it be used mid-rung like the -(P)- in S7 ?

Yes, the DIFU instruction must be used as a coil.
You can do as you ask with the CS/CJ series PLC's but the DIFU instuction does not apply here.

Select any contact and right click like this......
diffup.JPG

If you choose differentiate Up it will look like this....
diffup2.JPG

Last edited:
Many thanks for those replies. I didn't realise you could 'differentiate' on each individual contact.

I've only just got back in from work but I tried the DIFU instruction (as per previous replies) today and it worked a treat. I'll certainly bear in mind the ability to differentiate the individual contacts for the future though.

Many thanks

maybe you can try use internal memory from your PLC. like as 200.00 -200.15 or DM or HR memory. I always use that memory address for DIFU function.

---I DIFU I-----
I 200.00 I