SIEMENS PROFIBUS DP Networking

sherman4

Hello all!

I have a Siemens S7-314C 2DP Controller and I would like to network this DP Master with 4 (four) Yaskawa Frequency Drives which are DP slave enabled.

How can I just add Drives which are not Siemens products to my Profibus Network using the S7 Simatic Manager Hardware Cofiguration?

I assume that because Profibus DP is a standard, I must be able to communicate a Siemens DP Master with any other DP Slave from any vendor.

Please confirm and indicate how to install the Drives GSD on the Hardware config for S7-314C 2DP

Thanks for the Help.

Double click Option after you have opened the hardware config , then you can Instal New GSD file , which will find itself in Additional Field Devices if your ctrl^K ,
don't forget to compile and save any changes . Take a not of the PIW and PQW for the device , then you can play with ladder and get it to go round and round