Panel Meter Washdown Protection

I design a lot of panels for use in washdown applications. A lot of these have the 1/8 DIN Omron or Red Lion panel meters to read RPM etc. They are rated IP66 and so they don't last long in the environment, maybe a week or so. The sanitation are supposed to cover the panels before washdown but sometimes they don't. There are a few companies that offer plastic covers for them, usually rated at IP66 or IP67 but none at IP69K. Has anyone else faced this issue or have a favorite cover?

Another option is to have these 1/8 DIN on a subplate in the panel, and a suitable viewing window to see them. I know a custom enclosure manufacturer can do viewing windows for explosion proof, likely not cheap.

How about something like this operator station enclosure from Saginaw?

Put the meters, timers, etc behind the window. They say "equipment in an industrial environment or an environment which may be regularly hosed down or in very wet or oily conditions. Provides protection from dust, dirt, water and oil."

I have seen standing enclosures with split doors that the upper door was plexiglas, but didn't come across one quick.

EDIT: Basically like this:

sce-60el4812lppl.jpg

Last edited: