FactoryTalk View SE Button Security

Chibu

Hi Guys,

Please, how can I apply FactoryTalk View SE security code on a Button object?

I tried 'CurrentUserhasCode' expression with Visibility Animation, no luck.
I also tried Runtime Secured commands, and added the needed command, yet no joy.

Your input will be appreciated.

What is it you are trying to accomplish? The CurrentUserHasCode function is usually pretty good for securing most items.

Let us know what you have done (screenshots help immensely) and what the result was.

OG

What is it you are trying to accomplish? The CurrentUserHasCode function is usually pretty good for securing most items.

Let us know what you have done (screenshots help immensely) and what the result was.

OG
I wanted only the Engineer to have access to a specific Button.
I have applied the security to the command itself instead of the Button and it worked.

Guys,

is there a way to implement LOGOUT command such that the Display does not close when a User logs out?

Closing the display and presenting a login screen is inherent to the command. I don't know any way around that.

But, if I am logged in an an engineer and I want to walk away and have the display remain unaffected, then instead of logging out, I would login as another user.

If you are logged in as an Engineer and then login as say an Operator, it will logout the Engineer and login the Operator without generating the actions of a Logout (closing the display).

You could create a button and even label it as Logout, but have the action as a Login of a basic user. In the button action you can enter the username and password (Login username password) so it is just a one click operation.

OG

Closing the display and presenting a login screen is inherent to the command. I don't know any way around that.

But, if I am logged in an an engineer and I want to walk away and have the display remain unaffected, then instead of logging out, I would login as another user.

If you are logged in as an Engineer and then login as say an Operator, it will logout the Engineer and login the Operator without generating the actions of a Logout (closing the display).

You could create a button and even label it as Logout, but have the action as a Login of a basic user. In the button action you can enter the username and password (Login username password) so it is just a one click operation.

OG
This worked well.
I'm grateful Bro.

Like OG posted, setting up a no-securitycode "default" user and creating a pseudo-logout button that logs in that user is about the best way in SE.
There is also an ActiveX control RSView32SEIdleDetect that you can use to run a macro or command to give you auto-logout functionality without using the SE logout function (which closes the HMI display).

Like OG posted, setting up a no-securitycode "default" user and creating a pseudo-logout button that logs in that user is about the best way in SE.
There is also an ActiveX control RSView32SEIdleDetect that you can use to run a macro or command to give you auto-logout functionality without using the SE logout function (which closes the HMI display).
Very informative. Thanks Bro

How do I configure auto logout to Logout user 'Engineer' after say 5 minutes of inactivity?

Again, I noticed, there is no way to input Setpoint in PIDE Faceplate. Only SP Tracking option and can't even allow numeric input.

Your inputs will be appreciated.

Do a search for older posts here on the forum. Several threads that detailed out how to set things up.

The Idle Detect ActiveX control is available attached to Rockwell KB article 23830 and some further info is available in KB# 48268. I believe you need a Techconnect contract to access those articles.

What I've done is create a default user (similar to the default user in ME) with no or limited security permissions. I have a macro to login that default user and I will call that macro with the IdleDetect ActiveX after a period of screen inactivity. I also use a custom logout button to call the same default user.
The built-in logout button isn't ideal for our HMI setup here as it closes all display pages in the runtime... we use the "default" user to show our HMI display but with limited controls. Basically, a view-only user.