first :siemens profibus dp radar tank secound: ethernet!!!

mansoreh

hi folks
I have 2 question first
I am looking for a siemens radar tank (for a small tank ,>2 m hight)
with profibus dp but what I 've found just have profibus PA transmiter
what is different between pa and dp ,can I connect it a cpu315 2dp
or should use dp/pa coupler ,can you suggest any item?
secound
what is exactly needed for connecting a cpu315 2dp to ethernet,do we need a pc as a server or special software for it
please help

mansoreh

Profibus PA is Siemens intrinsically safe field devices, they are for use in potentially explosive atmospheres. You will require a DP/PA coupler for this device.

To connect a 315-2 DP to ethernet you will need a CP 343 card, what do you want the S7 300 attached to the ethernet for?

Paul

thank you PLucas
it is just for teaching and equiped a plc lab but I want to teach
how can change and trouble shooting a plc program and also see the
condition of plant through a remote pc by ethernet I want to introduce student with ethernet equipment,in future this system will equiped with wincc or citect scada
by the way we should use different cable and socket for profibus pa?
please explain more

mansoreh

If you are going to use the ethernet card just for monitoring and programing the PLC, then, I hope you don't mind me saying, it is a waste of money purchasing a CP card. You might as well do the monitoring and programing via MPI, you are going to have to do that in the first place to configure the PLC and CP card. WINCC can 'talk' to the PLC via Profibus, I believe Citect can as well, so even for the SCADA there is no need for the CP card. That is your choice though.

I have very little experience with SCADA, so any specific questions regarding that, I won't be able to help you with. There are many members here who do have the knowledge to help you out on this, Jean Pierre springs to mind.

I have not used Profibus PA equipment, but I would certainly say that there will be different Plugs for PA stuff, the plugs have to be intrinsically safe as well, your local Siemens rep should be able to advice on this.

Paul