RSlogix 500 micro unable to install

advmin

Hello all,
I purchased the RSlogix 500 micro version yesterday. I got the download and activation link through the mail. A 512MB file got downloaded saying RSlogix 500 V12. It automatically made a file named RA in my c folder. I tried to install it by clicking on the SETUP file there. Then a window opens up saying RSlogix 500, I clicked on the INSTALL, and within 2 3 seconds of loading it showed,

INSTALLATION FAILED
REQUIRED COMPONENTS FAILED TO INSTALL
CONTACT TECHNICAL SUPPORT AND SEND THE ZIP FILE SAVED ON DESKTOP

(I am a starter in the PLC field).
system used : window 10

thanks in advance!

Unzip the file on your desktop, there will be a log file that tells you what failed. The relevant information will be towards the bottom of the log.

When I checked the zip file as suggested. I found an'Exit code 1638 error has been set' command at the bottom of the log.

how can I install and activate the software?

plc used: micrologix 1500

cheers!

Thanks for your reply. I have attached the image of the last lines along with this. Please have a look.

cheers!
P90JyB3

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-24 at 15.35.21.jpg

Last edited:
Ah yes. Go to add/remove programs. Find Microsoft Visual Studio C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64). I think you select it and and hit modify, then repair. Once the repair is complete, run the installer again.

Last edited:
Rockwell has posted about an issue with RSLogix/Studio 5000 failing with a similar error relating to the C++ Redistributable. Here is what they suggest
  1. Open the Windows 10 Control Panel
  2. Click on Programs and Features (or it may just say Programs then you can select Programs and Features)
  3. Scroll the list of programs and locate the Microsoft Visual Basic C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64). Note that it might say 2015-2022 or something similar.
  4. Right-click on the item and select Change.
  5. in he pop up window select Repair. When done, click Close, not Restart.
  6. Repeat this for the Microsoft Visual Basic C++ 2015 Redistributable (x86)
  7. After the second program has been repaired, select the option to restart the computer and try the install again.

OG

I typed too slow apparently :)

Last edited:
Rockwell has posted about an issue with RSLogix/Studio 5000 failing with a similar error relating to the C++ Redistributable. Here is what they suggest
  2. Click on Programs and Features (or it may just say Programs then you can select Programs and Features)
  3. Scroll the list of programs and locate the Microsoft Visual Basic C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64). Note that it might say 2015-2022 or something similar.
  4. Right-click on the item and select Change.
  5. in he pop up window select Repair. When done, click Close, not Restart.
  6. Repeat this for the Microsoft Visual Basic C++ 2015 Redistributable (x86)
  7. After the second program has been repaired, select the option to restart the computer and try the install again.

OG

Probably not, you just typed more, with a list and what-not.

Really thank you for your valuable feedbacks. I understood the steps you suggested. But the issue is I can't find the 'Microsoft Visual Basic C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64)' in the program list under the control panel. I have attached the pic for your reference.

cheers and have a great weekend

plc net.jpg

[*]Right-click on the item and select Change.
  4. in he pop up window select Repair. When done, click Close, not Restart.
  5. Repeat this for the Microsoft Visual Basic C++ 2015 Redistributable (x86)
  6. After the second program has been repaired, select the option to restart the computer and try the install again.

OG

In red....

Hi all,
thank you for the replies.
The issue I am facing now is , according to the log inside the zip file, it should be 'Microsoft Visual Basic C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64)'.But it seems there is nothing like that installed on the date (24 /03/23) in the program lists under control panel. All the similar program are of older dates and not the one installed recently.

Please have a look.cheers!

Hi all/
I tried installing the "Microsoft Visual Basic C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64) installer" which I downloaded from google. But it also shows "Another version is already installed "I am unable to find the same program inside the program list under the control panel, So

Which one is restricting the installation?

Why "Microsoft Visual Basic C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64) installer" is not present in the program list?

Thanks in advance!

You didn't need to download it. In the RSLogix500 installer directory, look in Redist/VS2015Redist. Maybe try running the one there?

Thanks, everyone for the valuable feedback. The directions you gave helped me a lot in successfully installing the RSlogix.
I installed the software in windows 11. Now it's working well.

thanks again !