Factory Talk View Studio - accessing tags from .acd file

stylemismatch

I've spent the afternoon trying to figure out how to gain access to the tags in my RSLogix5000 .acd file with no luck. I've seen the topic discussed in a few places and so far nothing I've tried has worked.

I'm working offline right now, I have a completed ControlLogix program and now I need to setup the HMI program in Factory Talk View Studio. I understand that when everything is working properly I should be able to click on a 'tags' button and select from all the tags in my .acd file. I'm running ver 20.01 of RS Logix 5000.

thanks

Have you set up the RSLinx Enterprise shortcut for the offline file?
If you have, when you go browse for a tag, right click and select refresh all folders.

The basic idea is that you need a valid Shortcut as well as the pointer to the *.ACD file.

If the Shortcut doesn't point to anything, when RSLinx Enterprise checks the processor identity in the Shortcut against the processor identity in the *.ACD file, they don't match and the offline browsing doesn't work.

If you don't have the actual controller and network module available to you, you can right-click and create them in the RSLinx Enterprise network schema by hand.

RSLinx Enterprise configuration is what you're opening up when you get into the communication configuration in FactoryTalk View Studio.

You need a valid Shortcut before the Offline File selection will work.

RSLE_Offline1.jpg

It should have been included with and installed with FactoryTalk View Studio, but I haven't done download-only for a while so I'm not certain.

OK, progress..... I can see my tags!!!!

One question though, since I'm working totally offline right now. When I finally put the FactoryTalkView application into a PanelView and connect it to a live PLC all I'll have to do is configure IP addresses and everyone will be happy?

(This is my first time using FactoryTalkView and Control Logix - I've spent quite a few years with SLC 500s and Wonderware Intouch so there's a bit of learning curve.)

It should have been included with and installed with FactoryTalk View Studio, but I haven't done download-only for a while so I'm not certain.

It was in a separate download that I didn't realize was required.

The PanelView Plus will use the network route that you've configured on the "Runtime" tab of that RSLinx Enterprise configuration screen.

Having two different possible networks for the development PC and the runtime station is a little confusing, but it allows the flexibility of having the runtime terminal use some network that the development PC doesn't have (like DF1 or ControlNet) or network settings that are not present at the development PC.

The PV+ IP address is part of the OS on the terminal, just like your IP address on your PC is. You can configure it from the terminal's configuration menu.