Can someone convert Factory Talk View application to older version?

gbeaker

Hi,

I have a .mer file that was created in a newer version of factory talk view studio than I have. Can someone open the file and convert it to a file compatible with version 5.0?

I would rather not post the file so please send me a message with your e-mail and I will send it asap.

Thanks!

You probably get an invalid prompt when your trying to open it because you have an earlier version of FT. If the complied .mer file was complied with a newer version then you would need to upgrade your version so that you can open the file. This scenario usually happens when one opens an earlier version of the application then and FT will prompt and tell you it's going to convert it to whatever version FT you have. In conclusion to open your file you need to upgrade your version to whatever version the .mer was compiled in, if you cant get what version it was compiled in just get the latest version that way you can open version up until 5.0, any version below 5.0 you cannot decompile. Hope this helps