Lifetime Supporting Member
Software:
RSLogix 5000
Factory Talk View Studio

Hardware:
CompactLogix 1769-L32E
PanelView Plus 700

Hello

I am student taking on the task of learning how to program a HMI. The class I am taking is just basic PLC programming so I am having to learn this HMI on my own.

I have already programmed a simple conveyor system.
What I need to do now is import the controller tags to the Factory View Import/Export Wizard.

The Problem: When I choose the factory talk view CSV file I want to import, a pop up ALERT appears and says......

"(the tags export file.csv) does not appear to be a Factory Talk View CSV export file, or does not contain any tags.

It is the correct file that I exported from the processor. I have read the pdf manual concerning exporting/importing controller tags.

Does anyone have any ideas or solutions to my problem??

Thanks for your time!

T SMITH

What version?
And you need to use the external tool, "Logix 5000 Tag Import". Start by saving the Logix program as an L5K file, then run the "Logix 5000 Tag Import" utility, navigate to the L5K file, configure the options, (definitely include an HMI Folder name, and the RSLinx Enterprise topic name), select the tags you want to export, and hit the button.

Then, you must have Studio running, use the menu option there for "Tag Import Export", Select "Import", then select "Machine Edition", navigate to the project, select it, next, then navigate to the formatted CSV file from the "Logix 5000 Import Tool", select that (for tags, you don't have alarms), and do the import (use the 'Update Existing' option) and hope for the best.

Most likely you will have to shut down Studio and re-start it before the tags show up though.

Same problem

Hi;

Hopefully you have sorted your problem but I recently had same error when I tried to export and import HMI tag.

I figure it out that problem was when I try to edit csv file and save it; it was showing that it was saved as csv but as I opened that in excel it was excel csv which is not compatible for FTview.

I have to do save as for my excel file as csv and then only it accepted as import.

I spend hours to figure it out as well.