You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old January 16th, 2022, 07:34 AM   #1
athidi006
India

Book Factory talk SE to ME

How can i convert factory talk Site edition 5.10 application to machine edition 5.10 application..
Old January 16th, 2022, 05:50 PM   #2
JaxGTO
United States

Get in touch with AB. They converted mine for free. But I do have Tech Connect.
And of course not everything will convert. Trends and Data Log models did not for mine.
Old January 17th, 2022, 04:00 PM   #3
durallymax
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

A number of things from SE do not work in ME.

Last time I did one manually it was a lot working in XML until it would finally import the screen.
Old January 17th, 2022, 04:17 PM   #4
IanM8040
United States

most buttons and such don't convert because of how they're specified.

I was able to convert any and every shape/object on the screen though that was any type of polygon by exporting, modifying the text file and reimporting into ME.

This was for a screen where it had hundreds of polygons drawn on it for esthetics (flowers, ground markings, etc. It would have been a huge pain to recreate it).

All the buttons were not save-able though. If someone was inclined enough they could write something to convert them roughly, but it doesn't happen often enough I guess.

The simplest way I found, wasn't to go in and modify the SE. but to create a new window in ME. then open both the SE and ME in a text editor, then copy and paste the code from one to another and it will take it just fine if the option is available for it. Otherwise it will throw an error up.
Old January 18th, 2022, 06:02 AM   #5
durallymax
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanM8040 View Post
The simplest way I found, wasn't to go in and modify the SE. but to create a new window in ME. then open both the SE and ME in a text editor, then copy and paste the code from one to another and it will take it just fine if the option is available for it. Otherwise it will throw an error up.
+1 export both and compare. IIRC it will give you a hint where the error is at, I can't remember if it was a line number or description of what was invalid but I was able to slowly pluck those errors away with a text editor until the objects would come in.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum