Modifying Identification and Maintenance info with TIA portal

AlfredoQuintero

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello Siemens experts.
Trying to figure out how to change the I&M data of a Profinet device with TIA Portal, and I can appreciate advice from the experts as so many times in the past. I have tried to change the I&M data in the TIA portal project, then building the program with no errors. But, when trying to download the modified program, which must be different because the I&M data has changed, the TIA portal says:

"The configuration will not be loaded, because the online status is up-to-date. The configuration will not be loaded to module <<PLC NAME>>, because the online status is up-to-date."
As a result the I&M data in the device does not change.

It seems the TIA does not regard the change to the I&M data as a change to the PLC program. If I try using the online diagnosis for this Profinet device, I can see the actual I&M info but cannot change it. Is it possible that TIA portal does not allow the modification of I&M data, or more likely, my TIA Portal skills are insufficient?

By the way I am able to change the I&M data using PRONETA software and the licensed version of Profinet Commander, but I need to know if it is possible to change the I&M with TIA Portal.

Thanks very much for your words of advice.

Maybe obvious but you are downloading the hardware confige and not only the software ?

I don:t have specific knowledge nor experience using I&M data but a quick search indicates that the data is exchanged using RDREC and WRREC instructions.

Hello kalabdel. I&M0, I&M1, IMM2 and I&M3 are indexes 0xAFF0, 0xAFF1, 0xAFF2 and 0xAFF3, respectively. So yes, it is possible to write a program with RDREC and WRREC instructions to change these values. But what I need to confirm is whether TIA Portal has the functionality to accomplish this without writing a program, like for instance PRONETA does. I was not able to figure out how to do this, so it may not be possible, reason why I am trying to get such confirmation from some forum member with deeper TIA portal expertise.

That's a good rule, but which manual? The got like a couple of hundred of them.

Glad you got it figured out.

Cheers