Installing all Studio 5k Installations in one install+Download

PreLC

Hello PLCS.NET!

I'm sure a lot of you have to do downloads/installations of Studio 5000 on your PCs.
I thought I'll point out that even though Rockwell doesn't advertise it(Possibly because they want to advertise their PC Management program through their distributors) or maybe because of some other issues I don't know of.

Here is a link of what I'm talking about: https://imgur.com/nOZZsfN

I've used this in the past, under the "Free Downloads" Section of Studio 5k V32.01.01, you'll find the download option for all relevant versions from 20-32. I got to this download page by entering my software serial number on https://compatibility.rockwellautomation.com/ in the "Find downloads" section.

I don't know how to download another file that has everything from V10-20, but I know it exists as it was present on our shared drive at work. It'll be cool if someone could look into that.

Hope this helps!🍻
Thanks!
-PreLC

Ran into that last week trying to download v11. You have select the box by "Change product shown above here" and change it from the "Studio 5000 Pro EN *Latest" to "Studio 5000 Professional ESD S/W"

Anyone else trying to do this.....only certain revs give you this option. The one listed in the photo works as does 31.01.01. Curious if anyone has tried installing. I suspect you still must install each individually.

OG

Just one single install!
I did the installation was done previously, so I can't provide pictures, so you'll have to bank on my credibility. But in the installation wizard, you can just select all the products and one install does it all.

I just downloaded, and it only came with v32. I'll try again once I get a faster connection.

Used to be ages ago you could take a folder with the install files from one version, place it into the proper location within a newer version install files and it would find those versions and install one and then the other. They took that away, but maybe with this we can see what they did and replicate it. Maybe we can get it to work ourselves with versions we choose.

OG

Confirmed that it installed all those versions. Now the test is, can we insert other versions into the proper folder and have those install also. I'll try that tomorrow.

I mention this because some of the versions in the package have newer revisions available.

OG

Man this is wild! I didn't even think this kind of stuff would be possible.

I was about to figure out how to make the factorytalk Updater work to fix that part of the problem.
Thanks for your help OG!

How about they come out with Ver33.00 that is compatible with (almost) ALL CLX firmware revisions and ALL RSLogix/Studio5000 versions.

Sort of like Siemen's, the SLC family, PLC-5's, Idec, AutomationDirect, Saia, Vipa, Mitsubishi (they got 3), Panasonic, Omron (2 here), etc.

Last edited:
Aabeck I heard that they do like to have "Sealed installations", but at the end of the product's lifecycle. Example, both RSLogix 5 and 500 have a sealed installation which works with all firmware levels.

I think it might be an operational limitation for rockwell with their CI Process to introduce a single catch-all installation rather than a technical limitation.

Tried a newer version of v32. Did not see it. Downloading newer v31 now. But I don't think it will work.

There is a .XML file that appears to be a install answer file for all the stuff this installs. I suspect if it isn't in this "script" the installer won't see it.

\32.01.01-Multiversion-Image\Config\Logix_V32_mega.xml

Perhaps modifying this answer file would allow installing other packages.

OG