Fanuc Encoder Counter Reset

Peter Quiring

Working on delaying running a program in Fanuc robots by a distance (encoder counter).
I can delay the program using the encoder counter but there would be a problem when the counter resets to zero.

Questions:

When does the encoder counter reset to zero?
Can I reset the encoder in the init function?
What is the maximum value of the encoder? (I could compensate for the reset if I know the max value).

Fanuc robots are type R-30iA

Thanks,

Not sure, but the manual is available here : https://studylib.net/doc/25536949/line-tracking
I use the LINECOUNT instruction to read the current encoder counter.

My logic looks like this:

?: R[5]=R[R[2]] ; (trigger value)
?: LBL[4] ;
?: LINECOUNT[1] R[6] ; (current encoder value)
?: IF R[6]<R[5],JMP LBL[5] ; (encoder counts reset to zero : unable to delay ???)
?: R[7]=R[6]-R[5] ; (difference between trigger value and current value)
?: IF R[7]<=2150,JMP LBL[4] ; (wait for 100mm to pass)
?: LBL[5];

The only problem is, I have to jump to LBL[5] if the encoder counter resets to zero.
This could cause robot crashes.

Any idea how to compensate for that?

Thanks,