Siemens TP Designer Software

hagos

Dear Sparkies,

I have in hand all the legal software for Siemens PLC's & SCADA software.(Almost all versions of Simatic Manager,Siemens S5 software, IBH for S5 Windows, Microwin,ProTool, Simatic WinAC, WinCC for SCADA,LOGO..etc)

I was involved last week in a TP070 problem.The unit lost the program, so we sent to the vender where he mailed us a source application.For the first glance I thought that it could be downloaded using ProTool or WinCC Flex, but after consulting the manual I got to know that this TP070 needs a software called the TP designer(what this strange mix of software by Siemens?).Also to download it you need to get the 232-PPI cable with a computer that has a COM port and even when you use a USB to 232 converter you need to make sure that your converter alocates only COM1 or COM2.
Any ways the plant has a TP070 unit as spare(the last one in stock, we decide to replace it by TP177 micro which is WinCC Flex compatible in the future), for this reason I don't want to invest buying the TP designer software to use it in an obselete product(the TP070), I would appreciate if any one of you guys can advise on where could I get a free copy of the TP Designer.

Thanks to you all.

Hagos

Hi hagos.

I dont know the TP designer, maybe it is a pared down version of Protool.
If the project files have a .pdb extension, then I guess Protool can convert it to a TP170 f.eks. whereafter WinCC Flex can convert it to TP177.

are you sure its not on your MicroWin install cd ??

I think mine installed automatically

I have the option in Step 7-Micro/Win -> Tools -> TP Designer.
Its the third one down on the list just after TD200 wizard.

Dear Folks,

Thanks to your reply,
My Microwin is V4.0+SP1 (V4.0.1), it is not contained in the CD.

Regards
Hagos

Hi Josper,

The file extension is .tpf , it needs the TP desighner to be opened & downloaded to the TP070

Regards
Hagos

Mr. Chartier,

I have observed your long contributions to the Siemens forums.

Is the S7-200 Toolbox: TP-Designer for TP070 product available for download?

Thanks,

- Paul

A question to those who have the TP Designer, does it need an authorisation like the WinCC Flex?If it doesn't, is it legitimate to get it from a friend who has it and install it in my laptop?

Regards
Hagos