Vijeo Citect - Modicon M340 DDT (Derived Data Types)

majorv

I'm developing now a project using Modicon M340 and I will have to use Vijeo Citect SCADA (for the first time...). I'm used to Allen-Bradley / RSLogix5000, RSLinx, RSView, that can provide seamless tag exporting.

I've downloaded Citect demo version and read the manuals.

a) Can someone confirm: "it's not possible to import DDT (strutured) tags from Unity PRO"o_O

b) another basic question: does Citect provide any sort of basic TAG "browser". I can only edit one tag at once. It seems that Tag folders are not allowed, also. How can I quickly create & copy groups of tags ? Do I have to use external editors (e.g. Excel). I've read about several issues/problems about this.

Thank you for your insights

A I believe that is correct I to have not been able to achieve this.
B Just find your variable file make your edits and use the macro save .dbf DONE

Last edited:
First off I will tackle the 'tag browser'. Citect does not have one but they do ahve an Excel add in that allows you to open the Citect dbf file in Excel and resave it in the proper format for Citect with the add in. It works really well and I have juts finished a project using it with great success. Just remember you have to use the add in to open the faile and to resave it.
I do not know much about Modicon or their software. I have had a look a couple of times but rejected the software straight away. It was my understanding that there was a way to import the tags from Unity though - similar to the linking used with AB. I would strongly suggest you talk to Citect support as they will be able to let you know straight away.