Omron PLC

jams1340

Hello, I'm new to Omron PLC's and I have a question. I'm trying to upload a program from an Omron CPM1 PLC and download the program into another CPM1 that at one time had the same program.
The problem I have is when the program tries to load into the work space on my PC, a "UM-Read Protected" warning pops up, and won't let the program load.
All I want to do is load the program into the PLC, I don't need to see the program or make any changes to it.
If it's any help, I'm using a PC with CX-Programmer version 6.0 and a Omron CQM1-CIF02 interface cable.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What you have encountered is the password in the PLC program that protects the intellectual property of the company that originally created the PLC program.
UM = User Memory.
There is not a way for you to transfer this program from one PLC to another.