Export User defined data types - RSLogix5000

pascal22

Hi!

I would like to export to a file (to send to my customer) the user defined data types I have made under RSLogix 5000...

It's easy to export the program tags, but I didn't find how to export the user data types...

Does anyone knows!??

Thank you !

pascal22 said:
Hi!

I would like to export to a file (to send to my customer) the user defined data types I have made under RSLogix 5000...

It's easy to export the program tags, but I didn't find how to export the user data types...

Does anyone knows!??

Thank you !

If you right click on the UDT you will see the option to export it.
However, you have to do this to EACH individual UDT, which can be a pain in the butt if you have lot's of them.

However, you have to do this to EACH individual UDT, which can be a pain in the butt if you have lot's of them.

Iam not sure it is available? please show a screenshot

wow it available from v16 it exported as .L5K

rPraveenkum said:
Iam not sure it is available? please show a screenshot

I'm using V16 and I think it's available in 15 also but I can't remember.
Export.JPG

Why not just send him the .acd file??? If he wants to use the UDT only, in another file, open logix 5000 twice, copy and paste from one file to the other.

You can also export your project to a .L5K file and then open the file in your favorite text editor and copy the UDT definitions. Then you send them the text copied from the text file.

They then export their project to a .L5K and paste your UDT definition text into their L5K file and save their work. Then they import the L5K file to a .ACD file and the new data type is available.

All in all though, I would probably just create a brand new project in RSLogix5000 instead. Simply copy the UDTs one by one using Windows copy and paste into the new project. This way I can just send them the new .ACD file without me or them having to do any importing or exporting. And, by copying to a new project file I am not sending them any of my code.

OG

Hi Operaghost,

That is very helpful, but I'm also having problems in exporting/importing Module-Defined data types created in another rslogix5k project. Unlike the UDT there's no option to copy the specific module-defined data type i.e. the cut,copy & paste are greyed out when you right click on them.How do you export these module-defined data types so that I can import them also in a new project?

Thanks in advance.

Alz

Alz,

The module-defined data types cannot be copied and pasted, nor can they be exported.
These data types are generated by RS5000 when the module is placed in the I/O tree

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the info I really appreciate it. If this is the case then I won't be able to import the subroutines files that uses the tags in that particular module which were created in another RSlogix5K project unless I install the modules (i.e AB Powerflex drives)in the I/O tree just to generate the Module defined data and re-import the subroutines files, isn't it right? this would be difficult for me because I don't have the actual module and I need to create another project similar to the other to save it on the disk and send it to the customer. Any other advise to get arround this Mark?

alz

alz - the "Module-Defined" data-types are only of any use because you use the specific modules they were created for.

alz said:
....this would be difficult for me because I don't have the actual module

I don't understand your difficulties....

You don't need the actual module
, but if you write code for a customer who uses the module, then you must insert the module into the I/O configuration so that the relevant tags are created, then your code will verify properly.