Omron CS1W-DRM21 Manual

Steve Crotty

o_O

Anybody know of a link to the CS1W-DRM21 manual? Ive been looking on the omron site for the last half hour, and im about to throw my laptop across the room. Their search function is pretty much useless if you ask me.

Ive read that to configure this module I will need to purchase CX Integrator (which is part of CX One). We only purchased CX Programmer 6.0, so maybe they will let us upgrade to CX-One.

How is Omron with DeviceNet? Any general gotcha's I should be aware of?

Thanks for info!

I have used Omron with a mixture of Device Net I/O modules.

Recently I commissioned a job with 3 Device Net scanners from a CJ1M PLC - same processor as the CS1. One loop was on the same level as the PLC through several switchboards. There was a mixture of series 1 & 2 Omron digital I/O.

Another loop went down 44 floors in the building through other switchboards and the I/O modules were all Omron series 2.

A third loop went down 44 floors and the I/O modules were AB 8 in and 8 out.

Had no problems at all.

CX-Integrator will take a bit of getting used to but it works very well and is very simple to use once you get past the Japanese help (or lack of help) files. It is really pretty intuative.

Previously have used AB Powermonitor 3000 on Omron with explicit messaging. That took a bit of doing but I here that the Omron FB library has an explicit messaging block that will make life pretty easy but I still tend to roll my own in ladder. That job had a total of 10 Device Net loops with a mixture of I/O including Wago. No real preblems except for explicit messaging for the first time.

Have also used Omron to Pepperl & Fuchs absolute rotary encoders with no problems of any note. The only problem I had was not reading the P & F manual properly. When changing resolution a bit has to be set to register in the device otherwise when power is switched off the encoder goes back to default settings because the new settings had not been registered properly.

You can set up a digital network without CX-Integrator to default settings but I prefer moving things around into higher memory myself. Also like to generate a scan list. CX-Integrator is recommended.

BobB has offered many excellent observations from his experience. The stuff is pretty easy to use and it works.

I would like to add that based on the DeviceNet nodes you plan to use and your setup, the CS1W-DRM21 can auto configure the scan list and network, without CX-Integrator, if you are using Omron DeviceNet blocks.