Quick question on OMRON CPM1A

ckchew666

Hi,

Anybody know if CPM1A 10 points module can add expansion module?

Or only certain model support expansion (MAD01)?

I'm looking for 1AI and 1AO OMRON plc.

Thanks.

The CPM1A-10 and CPM1A-20 units are NOT expandable. You must use a -30 or -40 to have expansion capability. All CPM2A cpu's can be expanded.

The CPM1A-MAD01 has two analog inputs and one analog output. Be careful, this unit only offers 8 bit resolution (0-255 decimal). The CPM1A-MAD11, also two analog in and one analog output offers 0-6000 decimal resolution.

Hope this helps.

gtsuport said:
The CPM1A-10 and CPM1A-20 units are NOT expandable. You must use a -30 or -40 to have expansion capability. All CPM2A cpu's can be expanded.

The CPM1A-MAD01 has two analog inputs and one analog output. Be careful, this unit only offers 8 bit resolution (0-255 decimal). The CPM1A-MAD11, also two analog in and one analog output offers 0-6000 decimal resolution.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Thx for ur info. I do not know such limitation exists.
0-255 means when I inject 4mA it'll shows 0 and when I inject 20mA the max. it'll show 255 only? If yes, then the resolution is very low. Am I right?

You are correct. This is a rather low resolution analog unit. The actual values will be in hex 0-FF (0-255 decimal). If you need more resolution, the CPM1A-MAD11 should do the trick.

Any other questions, just ask.

gtsuport said:
You are correct. This is a rather low resolution analog unit. The actual values will be in hex 0-FF (0-255 decimal). If you need more resolution, the CPM1A-MAD11 should do the trick.

Any other questions, just ask.

Thx for ur help...u r good in OMron :)

gtsuport: Sorry to trouble you again, looking at the cheaper model between OMRON (ZEN) & AB(PICO), what is the limitation with ZEN? Does ZEN has any analog OUTPUT (1 at least)?

PICO has built in 4 AI & 1AO. I'm soucring for the price from Rockwell.

Anyone know if the CPM1A-40CDR-D-V1 comes with any AC input? Becauses all the field devices are running on 110AC (push button, sensors...)

Thanks.

Anyone know if the CPM1A-40CDR-D-V1 comes with any AC input? Becauses all the field devices are running on 110AC (push button, sensors...)
24VDC inputs only.

Have a look at the Mitsubishi Alpha 2. It has AC inputs and analogues. Similar in size to the ZEN.