Omron Cx Programer V5

Does any one know the ins and outs of the liecence user thing!!!! say i buy a copy of CX with a " 3 user liecence " does that mean after i have installed the software on my desk top at work my desk top at home and my laptop will the cd no longer work ?
or does that just count as one user as that is all for my use !!!!
I'am only one user!!!! i may do the work of 3 people but hey dont we all!!

Thanks in advance *

Unlike AB, CX-Programmer doesn't comes with an activation disk [Well, Ver.5 is new to me, Yet to get a copy]. So the licencing goes by the terms in the EULA. So installing it in as many PC's is the risk you take yourself ['copyright act' or what ever you call it] .

Regards

If you want to keep your software updated, you have to register it with OMRON. Only the amount of licenses will be supported. You can essentially install it on multiple PC's but they do not get supported.

Unlike RS logic and Step 7, you do not have a Key disk/dongle or the like.

Unlike AB, CX-Programmer doesn't comes with an activation disk [Well, Ver.5 is new to me, Yet to get a copy]. So the licencing goes by the terms in the EULA.

Yep! Similar to a Microsoft licence except you do not have to activate the program.

[Well, Ver.5 is new to me, Yet to get a copy].

V6 is out now. More and better support for IEC languages. Also comes as part of CX-One. That is definately worth a purchase. It only cost me $700 odd AU to upgrade from CX-Programmer V5 to CX-One.

Comes with CX-Integrator (networking including Device Net Configurator), CX-Programmer, CX-Simulator, CX-Motion, CX-Motion NCF, CX-Position, CX-Process Tool, CX-Protocol (simple way of communicating with anything serially), CX-Thermo, NS Designer (screens), NS Face Plate Builder (screens from csv files) and Switch Box Utility (monitoring etc). It is a pretty complete set of Omron software.

I have priced a full suite of software from AB and Schneider and man you do not want to know the price. This is brilliant and is an absolute bargain. The first version of CX-Integrator is a little "quirky" but works very well and will only get better.

Thanks Bob for the info.We just get V5.0 now in Israel there is no big difference btween V4.0 to V5.0 except the FB.

I doing my first CJ1 project now and I use this FB.
Will
You cane install your copy as much as you want.
in the end of the installation just do not register.
(register only in the first time)

Thanks for all the great feed back just wish the company i is just gone to work for had bothered to wait till i had started to ask my apinoin befor they went out and brought v5 and a laptop which I'am yet to see!!! looks like going on what bob said v6 is well worth buying ... but hey maybe i will be able to talk them into buying the simulator software and other bits and pieces... haven,t been told to much on what my new job as a process engineer is going to envolve just been told to get firmillar with the plant and site and meet all the guys and get to know them.....

Anyway cheers all again

I doing my first CJ1 project now and I use this FB.
Have not tried it yet but I am lead to believe V6 allows online changes to FB.

but hey maybe i will be able to talk them into buying the simulator software and other bits and pieces.

It will cost you a lot more than buying CX-One.

prob is whats done is done and is always easier to spend money when its comeing out of someone elses pocket its just justifying it first putting forward the good sales pitch and all that think i will have to get in touch with my local omron stockist i is only ever worked with the older c200 range and syswin and LSS most my plc work is been done with mits stuff but the new job i started this week there is omron stuff every where and very little anything else

Hello Bob B,

As yet, v6 does not allow online edit of the internal workings of a function block. However, it does allow monitoring of the internals of a ladder FB, along with the ability to Set Values and Force On/Off within the ladder view of the FB (saves having to load the Watch window with variables - although there is now the facility to auto-load FB variables to the Watch window - just right click the selected FB - lovely!).
Also, v6 allows nesting of FBs (up to 8 deep if your mind can cope that level of complexity!!!).
Just keeps getting better and better...

Regards
Paulus

Just keeps getting better and better...

Doesn't it ever. Man!!! How I suffer when I have to use anything else.

Those who have not used it do not understand I feel.