Ignition Data Types

Phrog30

I'm playing around with Ignition and I think I have everything figured out except for data types. I'm confused on how to use them. If I create a data type, how do I bind or map them to an actual tag/s? I guess I was hoping to be able to create a data type and setup alarming, etc., then be able to simply map a base tag to it so if I need to make a change it's global. Can someone please help me understand this better? I did read and watch a few videos online and it really didn't clear anything up for me.

James

Similar Topics

Hello All, I am looking for a way to get the data/information from METASYS BAS of Johnson Controls. I would like to get this data into Inductive...
Replies
Views
I started at a new company and I am moving from a place where we only used Wonderware to a place that has both Wonderware and Ignition. I am...
Replies
Views
Posted this same question on Inductive Automation's Forum. Sometimes questions on that forum never get answered. Has anyone been able to...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm very new into this, but also very keen to learn new stuff. I'm currently practicing on a test setup with a few DI and DO's. I would like...
Replies
Views
Hey guys. We've been learning Ignition and going through all the courses on Inductive University. I really like the software and the things you...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom