Maple HMI to Emulated Micrologix 1100

jamesgsummers

Hello everyone,

I have a machine I'm working on that has a Maple HMI5070NLv2 and a Micrologix processor. I have the PLC running on RS500 emulate for testing purposes and it would be very handy if I could somehow set up a connection in EBpro to the emulated PLC and run the online simulator. I called Maple's tech support and they didn't seem too interested in figuring this out. Anybody got any ideas or better yet has anyone ever accomplished this?

I know that Emulate 500 can run a Windows COM port as though it was the SLC/MicroLogix serial port, but I haven't tried it with an emulated MicroLogix 1100 to be certain.

But it cannot emulate communications over Ethernet. If that's your planned connection, you will need to wait for the hardware.

I know com0com will connect Emulate 500 to AdvancedHMI. I have no idea if it will work for EBPro, but that’s where I would start if I was trying it.

That should work but how do I do that? I know how to do that for a serial driver but not the emulated driver. I tried using the serial driver and just doing an auto config but I don’t have the option of setting that to read comm port 0.