Communication issue

gusterminator

Hi,
I'm trying to set up a new VFD to our profi network and I can't get it connected to the PB3 REM module. I chose (352) Siemens telegram 352, PZD-6/6. The drive it is replacing also had a drop down menu where Compatibility mode for firmware version <4.6> could be chosen right above the 352 Siemens telegram. The new drive is missing this option.
I cross referenced everything between the drives I don't understand why it won't connect other than it's brand new firmware!

Any idea's.

I added the GSD file and am still not able to get connected.

The error I'm getting is "error in diagnostic status byte #2 during diagnostic read slave real ID does not match slave's configured ID"

This is Profibus, right ?
It has been some time since I have dealt with Siemens drives on Profibus.
Exactly which drives is it ?
I think that when you setup the drive with Siemens Starter software, you select the interface from various possible options i.e. "PZD-2/2", "PZD-6/6" etc. and then later the telegram type i.e. "352".
I am guessing that the drive interface is still set to PZD-2/2, whereas it should be PZD-6/6 for telegram type 352.
Another guess is that the firmware version matters for the ID.

I cross referenced everything between the drives I don't understand why it won't connect other than it's brand new firmware!
I read this as you are actually using STARTER to compare the two drives.
How did you load the backup from the old drive onto the new drive ?
Backup from old drive to STARTER, then load into new drive.
Or by flash card ?
Did you get a warning regarding the firmware version ?

I'm not able to back up from old drive to new drive because of the generation differences and the drive size. We had to go to a larger drive. The new dryer drum called for a larger motor.
This Sunday I'll have a whole day to work on it. The plant will be down for a day.
I only used starter to compare the communication settings from another VFD on the same PB network.
I'm going to add a new node at the end of the list on Sunday and see if it connects ok with the PB3 REM module.
If this works I should be able to just update the node at the PLC to match the new node #.

This is what Siemens asked me to check.

The G120 drive configuration for profibus is as follows
P918 is the node address
P922 is the telegram and must match the telegram selected in the GSD configuration of the master
P2030 should be a 3 for profibus communication.
These are the only settings required in the drive unit.

Everything checked out ok when I went through those parameters.