Factorytalk View SE question

mike3475

Good morning:
If anyone made HMI project change, will it automatically stores HMI project change in HMI project at Factorytalk View SE HMI Project default location?
HMI project default location:
All users/documents/rsview enterprise/SE/HMI project.
I could be wrong.
Need anyone input.
Thanks!

Most editors in FT View Studio have an Accept option. A couple have a Save option. Once you Accept or Save, the change is saved to the project location. That change is then immediately available to the live system.

The location you identified is correct. Under the specific HMI folder there are subfolders for the various components (i.e. MCR for macros) of the application. Changes would be saved in the appropriate subfolder.

OG

There are so many HMI projects (everyone has different name) in the default HMI project folder, I checked everyone by opening each HMI project, I didn't see any new updated. sed file, since I did change recently.
Maybe someone specified another HMI project location which is not default HMI project location. How do I just want to save current HMI project in my specified location?
Thanks!

There is no other directory for your HMI projects. All (HMI) projects are stored in that one location. You cannot change the location. If the project is a Network type application, that means the HMI Server could be on a separate computer. So you wouldn't find it when looking in your HMI Projects folder. You would have to go to that other computer to see this.

Also, there is no "project save". Each editor saves its own specific portion of the application. If you want to backup your application, you could use the Application Manager to backup the project and save that file anywhere you like. The backup is one compressed file so they let you store it anywhere, it doesn't have to go in the default folder structure.

OG

Projects are a collection of files. You save the displays, global objects, macros, parameter files, etc.

Everytime I post a new version of project I archive it and then duplicate my project to a new revision and then work off the new revision moving forward.

No Problem Mike.

My programming setup usually has one screen with the client open and 2 other screens for FTView Studio.

You can make edits to displays while the client is running and then navigate out of the screen and then back to the screen and see the changes real time. This makes it easier to test navigation, global objects, and pop-up screens.