1794-aent/b module

Drikus

Hi All

I installed a 1794-aent/b ethernet/ip module today. Rslinx dont recognize it. Only when I set the communication driver as a ethernet device
then I get the ip displayed(rslinx) and a yellow question mark. I tried two different modules same firmware. All the other modules on network display
correctly.

I used bootp to set the ip. Then went to rslinx to see if module detected, but nothing(already a existing network).I can ping the module though.
Is there any compatibility issues with the software that I use?

Module firmware :4.3
Rslinx clasic: 2.5.....
RSlogix 5000 : 19.01.01
Win7 OS.

I've setup up some of these modules before(firmware version 4.1-4.2) no problem.

I realy would appreciate any help.

regards

WAG...Right click the module in RSLinx and select uploads EDS then follow to prompts.

Welcome to the Forum!

Drikus said:
...Is there any compatibility issues with the software that I use?...Module firmware :4.3
Rslinx clasic: 2.5.....
RSlogix 5000 : 19.01.01
Win7 OS...

Your RSLinx Classic version "might" be too old, but...

"RSLinx Classic 2.5....." is not a version number, or more I should say it is not a complete version number. So it is hard to answer your question until you provide the exact version or versions you have tried.

RSLinx Classic was released at all of the following 2.5x versions...

2.56 *

Version 2.56 specifically added support for the 1794-AENT adapter. So if you are using a version older than 2.56, then this "may" be your issue with the newer adapter firmware.

As a side note...

Version 2.51 introduced the option to download EDS files directly from the device.

Regards,
George