teh

Supporting Member
Hi,

Is Possible S7 300 CPU 314 ( 6ES7 314 1AE04 01B0 ) RUN WITH CITECT

BY USING CP5611 - PROFIBUS.

IF CAN .. THEN HOW?

HELP

REGARDS

The S7-314 has a MPI port (187.5kb), but not a profibus DP port. If Citect has a MPI driver, you are good to go.

It can, and we actually do it.
Unfortunately, I cannot remember all the details at the moment.
I believe that the Citect help file has how to do it, if not, it was in the knowledge base.

If you can't find it in these locations, I will go out later today and have a look at how its done.

Doug

Add a DP module,I can't remember its Part No. ,maybe CP343.
But its price is half of CPU314. Before, I used this DP module to config a profibus net(One PLC with CPU314 as master station, three
temperature controler as slave station.).

CPU 314 via CP5611

Doug_Adam,

I have been visit a plant, and really used CPU 314 communicate with Citect,without any CP module ..( only CPU314 )..

Please show me the location if you are back.( i can't find it )..

Regards

Hello,

Its perfectly possible to communicate to a S7 300 with citect.

there are two thing you need. A CP5611 (or similar) and softnet V5 or V6 (citect will comunicate with the softnet software and the softnet software will in turn communicate with the S7). If you can chose witch version of softnet take version 5 because version 6 is much more difficult, but if i remember correctly version 5 doesnt work on windows XP.

i havent heard of a way to communicate directly to the S7 without the CP card and without the extra software.

If you need more info on how to setup this connection let me know.

Greetz,

Sorry teh,

I found we were using a CP5412 card, not a CP5611.
The citect knowledge base article on how to do this is Q2282.

Communicating with the CP5611 is probably similar.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Doug