slc 150 single output up/down??

jBetts

Hey all,

I know they're dinosaurs but we had one lying around and I guess we're putting it to use again. I'm getting most of the programming, but nowhere in the manual can I find a 'single output up' or equivalent instruction.

Does anyone know if or how to do this in a SLC-150? Much appreciated!
Josh

Oh, sorry, let me clear that up.

Single output up (called SOTU I think by IDEC), is a flag that turns on only when the bit is activated.

Say you had a device you wanted to reset when the conditions were met, perhaps when an input turns 'off', but the input isn't always going to be on. Then this will only be true for the single program scan where the input actually is turned off.

Hope that helps, I can go in-depth on my project need be.

Thanks,
Josh

Then this will only be true for the single program scan where the input actually is turned off.

I think you are looking for a "one-shot" instruction.

As you said, this is a very old processor. It is missing a lot of functionality that we all take for granted in the newer units. I did a very quick look through my documentation for a SLC-150 and I didn't see a one-shot anywhere. I think you'll have to roll your own here.

I seem to recall that you can't branch outputs in the SLC-150, so it should take you two rungs, something like:

Input On One-Shot
---|/|------| |----------( )
On Last Time

Input On
---| |-------------------( )
On Last Time

Good luck,

Marc

PS: Steve typed faster than I did. In my example, I inverted the state of the "Input" (or "event") to match your description.

And this works like a one-shot, eh? Excellent, thank you all for replying.

I have to go finish dusting off the SLC, then I'll let you know if I hit any snags.

edit: So does the program scan in which the input turns off, the 'Last Time' would be on for 1 scan, so that triggers the 1 shot? Am I reading that right?

Regards,
Josh

Last edited: