FactoryTalk View ME Failed to initialize the service.

Yes that .cac file is certainly a problem if the PC falls over, I find it very disturbing that FTV & it's likes are a re-build of the original RSV32, all they have done on the early versions is sort of re-hashed an existing system & made it more unstable, as well as charging the earth for it.

Old thread but this happened (Again) to me yesterday and I think the task you are referencing is "Shared memory daemon"

Ending this task and then rebooting the server is what did it for me.

This seems to happen when FT View crashes or is closed unexpectedly (Like when windows update decides to reboot to install something while you have it open, despite having that feature disabled)

I have also corrected this in the past by deleting the tag files mentioned earlier in the thread but this is the quickest fix that has worked for me, hope it can work for someone else too.

I could not find the daemon you were specifying, so I took Spencerguenther's advice in the post previous to yours and it worked! I was really worried, I'm coming up on a progress meeting with a customer and I have to show them on this laptop. As always, the absolute badasses on this forum save the day again. Thanks fellas.