SLC 5/05 Communication Problem with Serial Port..

Dear all Respected Masters..
I m facing very strange problem regarding SLC 5/05.

I m running Windows XP in my Laptop.
I have RSLinx, RSLogix 500 installed in my Laptop and running perfectly.
I m having USB-Serial Converter to access the Serial port of SLC directly from the Laptop, and for remote access of SLC there is a pair of Modems. (I need to communicate with my SLC via serial port only as the SLC is in Remote Location and communicates through Modems.)

I successfully downloaded the program in SLC via serial port. But after downloading the program, the Serial port of SLC stopped communicating.. (The downloaded program was working perfectly few days ago and it is not modified there after.)
Now only Ethernet port is in working condition and it can communicate too. As I can see in the Channel Configuration of Ladder Program in SLC via Ethernet, Channel 1 and Channel 0 are having proper configuration exist.
I've tried to download the program again via Ethernet Port but still the same problem perceived.

I've checked all Cables, Serial Port of PC and USB to Serial Converter. They all are in working condition.

Please tell me is there any other way to check the functionality of Serial Port or How can I solve my problem?

Thanking you all in advance..
With Warm Regards..
Pranav Mistry.

My *guess* is that you configured Handshaking settings for the modem that your USB interface doesn't support, is not configured to support, or is not wired to support.

If you posted more details about the serial configuration, that might help.

If this were my system, I would test the cable and RS-232 configuration by creating a test rung to fire an ASCII Write (AWT) instruction, and use a terminal program (Hyperterminal is OK for this) to see if the string is received at the serial port.

open rslinx
open your rswho network icon (3 yellow boxes with a line connecting them)

open the ab df1 network node

find the processor in the project with a red X on it.

right click on the red X device

select "configure driver"

check your settings here

I use "auto config" with the PLC connected and the coms come up. (red X goes away)

Doesn't matter what settings I use it always fails to connect. So I do this every time I connect to a SLC500.

I always go through RSLinx first with RS500