DINT to String RSLogix 5000

IAA

Hello,
I am trying to convert a Decimal DINT to a String. I recieve a DINT from a barcode reader and it diplays as 875574065. When I display the number as ASCII in the monitor window I get 4031. How can I get the 4301 to show up in a string?

I have tried using the DTOS, but I end up with 875574065 in the string.

I have read these.

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=60004

Thanks for any help.

Use BTDs to move 4 blocks of eight bits to the first 4 elements of your STRING tag...

DINT bits 24-31 => STRING.Data[0]
DINT bits 16-23 => STRING.Data[1]
DINT bits 8-15 => STRING.Data[2]
DINT bits 0-7 => STRING.Data[3]
Set STRING.Len to 4

Better still, make a new STRING data-type e.g. STRING4, that only allows 4 characters (you'll still need to set STRING4.Len to 4).