Cognex FTP setup

CharlesM

I am having trouble getting writeimageftp to work. It works fine when I use In-Sight Explorer but when I go to my FTP server it doesn't work. I have In-Sight Explorer running on my lap top and another computer with IIS FTP server V5.0 running on port 22. I can connect to the FTP server from windows explorer. I have the FTP server setup with anonymous connection. So when I connect with windows explorer it does not require a log in. I can move files back and forth from the lap top to the server without any trouble. This makes me think its something in the writeimageftp in In-Sight.

Code:
WriteImageFTP($A$0,"192.168.0.100.22","admin","",$A$0,"Bad",999,0,1,0,1,0)

Code:WriteImageFTP($A$0,"192.168.0.100.22","admin","",$A$0,"Bad",999,0,1,0,1,0)
When I run this I don't see any errors. Can I add something to return errors or show status.

The 22 is the port number. I'll check into the log file. Thanks for the link I put the same question over there yesterday.

In-Sight uses FTP to talk to the camera on port 21. In the help file they tell me to use another port and they give 22 in their example. So I should be ok there. I don't know why I have a . and not a : I'll give that a try and take a look at the log file. Thanks for the suggestions.

From my interpretation of THIS tech note, they say that InSight uses port 21, period (See the last item in the FAQ). I think they want you to change OTHER applications (specifically Windows Internet Information Services) that are using port 21 to use a different port instead.

🍻

-Eric

I think they want you to change OTHER applications (specifically Windows Internet Information Services) that are using port 21 to use a different port instead.
That's what I think to. I have In-sight using port 21 and IIS using port 22.

I found the log file in IIS FTP server. It shows the camera connecting to the server. This makes me think I'm 90% there. I just don't know why its not sending the image. I'm going to do some research on these log files. I turned on all the options and I am getting a lot of data in the log file. Maybe with some Google searches I can figure out whats what the data means and why I'm not working.

I just got it to work. I was able to troubleshoot with the log file. It was a simple user/password problem. I am planning on making a little "how to" and put it into a PDF. I will post it here.

Thanks for all the help.

I just got it to work.

Excellent !

Did you confirm the IIS FTP has been switched to port 22 on the server? Did you configure your laptop to go to the server port 22 as you said you setup Explorer to FTP to the server and can transfer files? If not the I still am thinking that the '.22' is being ignored.

Did you confirm the IIS FTP has been switched to port 22 on the server?
Yes
Did you configure your laptop to go to the server port 22 as you said you setup Explorer to FTP to the server and can transfer files? If not the I still am thinking that the '.22' is being ignored.
Yes it looks to me like it is using port 22. I am able to use In-sight on port 21 and the FTP server on port 22 at the same time.

My pdf I made for the setup is to big to post here. I have a lot of screen shots. I'll see if it will go on the vision forum posted above.

I'm having a similar issue. When I check the IIS FTP log file, the camera logs into the FTP fine, but when it goes to transfer the image file to the FTP using the STOR command, the response is 550. I have also used filezilla client on another computer on the network to transfer a file to the IIS FTP and it works fine. The STOR command from the filezilla client gets a response 226. The firmware in the camera is v3.33.

It looks like it might be a problem with IIS as I have the exact same setup except running filezilla ftp server and everything works fine. In IIS I have read and write permissions in the account/user setup but when the camera wants to send over a picture, the FTP responds like the user has no permissions to write to the ftp.

for IIS to work the user setup in FTP is the user on the computer. Most of the computers that I work with have an Administrator account that they boot and log into. I was able to use Administrator for the anonymous connection. I did this a couple weeks ago for one of the new Checker cameras. Send me a PM message with your email and I will send you the PDF I made for the setup.

Similar Problem

It looks like it might be a problem with IIS as I have the exact same setup except running filezilla ftp server and everything works fine. In IIS I have read and write permissions in the account/user setup but when the camera wants to send over a picture, the FTP responds like the user has no permissions to write to the ftp.
Hey
I have a similar problem.I looked the Logging file and got the codes 331 and 530. Have you result your problem? Pls let me know how.