Proficy Machine Edition Version Compatibility

Chuck_Merkle

I am upgrading my Cimplicity Machine Edition - Logic Developer - PLC v5.0 by getting the latest Machine Edition Development Suite. I will be using the Logic Developer and View to program a 90-30 and QuickPanel. Problem is my customer wants me to use v5.5. Assuming that the newest stuff is v6.0, is there any way to save the project as an older version? Or will I need to find an old upgrade package to v5.5 (from 2005)? :oops:

Talk to your distributor they should be able to get you a 5.5 cd or download.

There is no option to save the program as an earlier version.

I justed look at mine and there is nothing in the "Save As" about what version to save it in.
You may want to look at and post the same question on the Ge Fanuc forums.

It's typical for plc programming software to not be backwards compatible, this is true for most vendors and has been for years.

A work-around is to use VMware and have multiple virtual machines to support customer legacy applications.

What I would do is, upgrade to the latest version but get a CD of the version that you need. A good distributor will be able to supply this or your customer can burn a copy of theirs for you.
Version 5.5 is a pretty good version but you will be missing some Software enhancements that came with newer versions. One thing to remember is that there are a 'lot' of updates so make sure that you get the latest Service Pack and SIM for that version.